This new charter school addition complements the existing 1920’s exterior through careful use of materials and color. On the interior, the clever use of wall graphics seemlessly connects both the new and existing spaces. A compact design eliminated unnecessary circulation elements, allowing for more program space. The gym / multipurpose room also serves as an auditorium with and adjacent elevated stage area. This flexible design provides an excellent education opportunity for an underserved population of students, as well as assembly space for community activities.